ENGAGEMENT. PRODUCTIVITY. PERFORMANCE.
Assuring the highest levels of employee engagement, productivity and performance begins with an Inspired Engagement Strengths-based Manager Workshop. Managers are responsible for getting people to perform and meet the organization’s expectations and outcomes. Strengths-based managers accomplish this by discovering the unique talents of each employee and leveraging that knowledge to unlock their potential. This workshop will help those who manage people use their natural talents to in ways that are strengths-based, engagement-focused and performance-oriented.
Nearly seven in 10 employees who strongly agree that their managers focus on their strengths or positive characteristics are engaged employees and are involved in, enthusiastic about and committed to their work and workplace. Engaged employees are loyal and productive. They are likely to stay with their company longer, are less likely to miss work, have accidents on the job and to steal than non-engaged employees.
Mangers and Employee Health
Managers hold the engagement and well-being of their team members in their hands. Bad managers are toxic. Not only do they undermine the positive culture and performance of an organization, but they also negatively affect the engagement and personal well-being of the individuals who report to them.
Gallup research shows that managers account for 70% of the variance in employee engagement, so organizational efforts to increase engagement are wasted on employees with bad managers. Worse still, low engagement is linked to higher levels of stress. This stress extends beyond the walls of the office, affecting employees on the drive into and home from the office during their commute. According to medical research, stress exacerbates many health conditions.
- Set expectations and define the right outcomes. . .not the right steps
- Prioritize and specify expectations that align with employees’ strengths.
- Value and focus on talent. . . not simply experience, intelligence, or determination
- Think first about employees’ talents, and then they assign the tasks that employees need to accomplish.
- Motivate by focusing on strengths . . .not weaknesses
- Authentically care about people and put people’s development at the top of their “to-do” list.
- Develop employees by finding the right fit . . . not simply the next rung on the ladder
- Help employees discover their best self
- Know that every interaction — not just monthly or annual events — is an opportunity for recognition. They individualize the recognition based on employees’ talents.
- Know that the “why” of an action is far more powerful than the “how.” They personalize the “why” to resonate with each team member.
Managers who attend an Inspired Engagement Strengths-based Manager Workshop will learn how to:
- Discover their own talents and strengths and how to enhance their ability to establish their unique management style
- Discover uniqueness and talents in their employees
- Host strengths-based conversations with employees
- Set and communicate clear, shared expectations with employees
- Motivate and develop employees
- Provided individualized recognition of employees
- Coach employees for performance
Inspired Engagement Strengths-based Manager Workshops:
- Held on your site
- Customized to your groups size, needs and schedule
- CliftonStrengths Assessment for each participant
- 1, 4 and 8-hour workshop formats available
- Active learning environment
Boost your employee engagement and performance today!!
Contact Inspired Engagement and begin supporting your managers in being the best managers of people they can be.